Thursday 4 July 2013

34



I turned 34 sometime today. Taking in account for time zones... Who knows' "when" and well, even if time exists... But that's not what this post is about.

I was going to write a nice long one about things I've learnt in the past 34 years but the I came across a great post by Benny Hsu who has already done that (coincidentally on his 34th) so I thought I'd share it here instead of being redundant. It's my birthday gift to you! The testifies blog is pretty awesome as well.

http://getbusylivingblog.com/34-life-lessons-i’ve-learned-in-34-years-of-living/

It's funny because I agree with almost all of his 34 points in the article, but if you had spoken with me last year, most of them wouldn't even have crossed my mind. So icon has changed since then!

My 34th year will be remembered as the year I packed up my mental baggage and set out on the most important journey that I will probably ever embark on in my life - the voyage and amazing adventure of knowing myself and my place in this world. I started meditating, have almost finally taken full responsibility for my health and have learnt more about myself in the past year than I had in all of the years preceding it! How lucky I am to have finally started down the rocky, smooth, absurd, boring, exhilarating, fantastical, frightening, reassuring, never-ending road to self-discovery and realisation!

I wish a happy day to all of my readers and will be sending out some of the joy I feel today to each and every one of you!

Stay tuned for updates on my long weekend of celebrating!

No comments :

Post a Comment