Monday 10 February 2014

Summing up Sunday 2014: Week 6

I'm late this week with my summing up, seeing how it's Monday, but here goes. It's been a busy week.

Sera was home from school Monday through Wednesday and though we never quite figured out why she was sick, she seems to be doing fine now, so another bug is behind us.  We spent our time mostly being creative or relaxing or playing pretend. It's exhausting trying to keep up with her all day. Let's hope she's training a healthy immune system and not a wonky one like her mothers'.

People have been coming to see the house pretty much every second day so I've been trying to keep up with the housework and the facade that I'm a neat and tidy person. It's not easy but I'm getting pretty proficient on cleaning as I go and making sure not to leave too much of a mess behind me when I finish one activity and start another.

We went to go see the Kandinsky exhibition at Palazzo Reale on Wednesday evening and that was followed by a buffet - ofcourse I couldn't eat anything but the pasta, cheeses and salumi sure looked yummy!  The paintings were beautiful and I did my best to try to involve Sera in some culture but after a while she told me that the guide was talking too much and it was boring. 

We went to the fiera in Malpensa to PassatempiEPassioni on Saturday. It's an exhibition of what's called 'lavori femminili' here in Italy, which everywhere else means crafts... scrapbooking, knitting, quilting, cake decorating and more. I found it a little disappointing because I expected to find a whole bunch of new resources or shops where I can buy materials, or at least discover something new and I was a little let down.  I did meet a lovely quilter thouigh who managed to convince me to buy something called Quilter's Grid, which means I know have yet another project to get started on.

I opened up my Etsy shop this week! It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and I'm only hoping that I'll be able to continue making products for it. I already have a great idea for where I want to go with it but I'm still working out the details.

To celebrate aunched a web-contest to celebrate where I'm giving away 20€ to spend on Etsy.  I'm really confused as to why the contest hasn't been more successful and am starting to suspect that no one actually reads my blog. It's really discouraging.  I think I'm going to simplify the entry process because it's not much of a contest if only 3 people enter it!

Have a wonderful week!


  • Watercolour Orchids - Aquarello Orchidea
  • 20€ Etsy Giveaway - 20€ Carta Regalo Etsy
  • Playign with Sylvanian Families - Giocando con i Sylvanian Families
  • Kandinsky
  • Little Kid in Grownup World - La Piccola nel Mondo dei Grandi
  • Passatempi E Passioni
Sono in ritardo questa settimana con il mio riassunto, vedendo come è Lunedi. E 'stata una settimana piena.

Sera era a casa da scuola Lunedi al Mercoledì e anche se non abbiamo mai del tutto capito perché lei era malata, sembra stia facendo bene ora. Abbiamo trascorso il nostro tempo è per lo più creativo o rilassarsi o giocare a fingere con i Sylvanian Families. E ' faticoso starla dietro tutto il giorno. Speriamo chesta formando di un sistema immunitario sano e non un traballante come la sua mamma.

Tanta gente sono venuti a vedere la casa e quindi ho cercato di stare dietro i lavori di casa efare finta che sono una persona pulita e ordinata. Non è facile.

Siamo andati a vedere la mostra Kandinsky a Palazzo Reale Mercoledì sera, seguita da un buffet - naturalmente non ho potuto mangiare nulla ma la pasta , formaggi e salumi sembrava buonissimo ! I quadri erano bellissime e ho fatto del mio meglio per cercare di coinvolgere Sera, ma dopo un po ' mi ha detto che la guida stava parlando troppo ed era noiosa.

Siamo andati alla fiera a Malpensa per PassatempiEPassioni Sabato.... scrapbooking , maglieria , quilting , decorazione torte e altro ancora. Ho trovato un po ' deludente perché mi aspettavo di trovare un sacco di nuove risorse o negozi dove posso comprare i materiali , o almeno scoprire qualcosa di nuovo - purtroppo c'era poco da vedere. Ho incontrato una simpatica quilter che è riuscito a convincermi a comprare qualcosa chiamato Griglia di Quilter.  Significa che ho un altro progetto per iniziare .

Ho aperto il mio negozio Etsy questa settimana! E ' qualcosa che ho voluto fare per molto tempo e sto solo sperando che sarò in grado di continuare a fare prodotti per esso . Ho già una grande idea su una linea di giocattoli, ma sto ancora lavorando sui dettagli .

Per festeggiare ho creato un concorso  dove sto dando via 20 € da spendere su Etsy . Sono davvero confusa sul motivo per cui la gara non ha avuto più successo e sto iniziando a sospettare che nessuno in legge il mio blog. E'davvero scoraggiante. Penso che ho intenzione di semplificare il processo di iscrizione perché non è molto di un concorso, se solo 3 persone vi entrano !

BuonaSettimana!



---
Liking buonaserababy?  I'd love to hear from you! Now you can follow in so many ways!

1 comment :

  1. Lovely post. For some reason I haven't taken my 3-year-old to a museum yet and I have no idea what I'm waiting for. Looks like such a great thing to do with kids.

    ReplyDelete